With obesity rates rising fast across the world there is an ever growing demand for simple and effective weight loss programs. Not surprisingly, there is no shortage of diet and exercise plans that promise quick results. But do any of them really work, or is it all just a clever marketing gimmick? Let’s find out!
Why most weight loss plans don’t work
There are many different reasons why diet plans fail to deliver results. Here are some of them:
- No emphasis on changing your long term eating habits. Losing weight quickly is great, but if the diet doesn’t come with a set of instructions to help you maintain that new weight in the long term, what’s the use?
- Some weight loss diets are too strict and prohibitive. Restricting entire food groups can cause serious food cravings and mental resistance, and if your diet does nothing to address this, it’s very likely that you won’t be able to stick to it for very long.
- Sometimes a diet might deprive the body of necessary vitamins and minerals, leaving you depressed and exhausted. This can often be remedied by taking various vitamin supplements during the course of the diet.
- Most intensive weight loss diets cut so much protein out of your regular eating plan that you end up losing lots of muscle mass in the process. This can be partly avoided by drinking lots of water and taking a lean protein supplement.
- Eating very few calories makes metabolism rates go down, which results in faster weight gain once you go back to eating normal foods. Some diets (such as the HCG diet) aim to prevent this through use of various supplements.
As you can see, there are tons of reasons why many of the popular weight loss diets fail to deliver results.
Is the HCG diet any different?
Yes, because the HCG diet addresses all of the above concerns through a carefully designed diet and supplement plan:
- HCG drops help to prevent hunger and reduce food cravings.
- Taking HCG supplements helps to speed up metabolism.
- While the HCG diet plan is very low calorie, it includes lots of vegetables and fruits which are packed with essential vitamins.
- Loss of muscle mass is prevented by forcing the body to consume excess fat for energy.
- The HCG diet comes with a weight maintenance plan to help you stay at a healthy weight once the initial diet is over.
As you can see, this particular diet has been carefully created to address the most common pitfalls of many other popular weight loss plans.